Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    By the by, if you have an automation system it normally takes care of turning off the SWG when the pump is not running.
    I have the suntouch automation unit with an aquariteSWG and intelliflo pump. I have really struggled with the suntouch trying to get all the speeds, aux (s) and circuits worked out but I think I may have figured it out with the forum's help.

However, I notice when the pump is off the SWG has blinking light for no flow. is this the automation system 'turning off' the SWG? I am assuming the turning off means not generating chlorine, because the machine stays on. ( I know it probably seems like a silly question, but that's they way I roll, and I don't want to damage my newly purchased equipment.)

thanks
    DIY 16x32vinyl lined IG, est. 22500 gallons, roman steps, cozy cove swim out. Pentair Suntouch automation, Pentair intelliflo VS, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG t-15, Hayward C4030 filter, 5 Aquasol 4 x 12 solar panels mounted on SW facing roof.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

for a response.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

The SWG should be wired to the pump relay, so that the SWG is only powered on when the pump is running. The flow switch is taking care of this for the moment, but flow switches are not considered reliable enough for long term safety.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School