Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going on vacation

1. Back To Top    #1

Going on vacation

I will need to use pucks for a week while we are gone. CYA is currently at 50. Any guess as to how many pucks I will need to keep my minimum of FC 4? I will also be trying to up my CYA to 60.
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going on vacation

No idea. You can use the bottom of PoolMath to tell you how much FC and CYA each trichlor tablet will add, but no way to tell you how fast they will dissolve.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Dichlor will add 0.9ppm of CYA for every 1ppm of FC.

Trichlor will add 0.6ppm of CYA for every 1ppm of FC.

Working backwards (for a 14.3k gal pool), 38oz of Dichlor (or 35oz of Trichlor) will increase the CYA by 10. The 3-in Trichlor pucks we sell (99% Trichloro-S-Trianzinetrione) weigh 8oz each. So in your case, you would want to make sure not to use more than 3-4 of them to stay in the CYA-60 range.

But like Jason said above…we don't know how quickly they will dissolve.

4. Back To Top    #4

I think that 3-4 will last all week. And I can pull the remainder when I get home. Thanks
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90