Need new pool filter

dd50

May 31, 2008
florida
I have a Jacuzzi that is 14 years old and leaking from the bottom. It may just be the o-ring but the pool stores don't want to repair because they said it is probably a crack as they are known to crack. Anyway one pool store recommended the Hayward 900 and the other store Hayward 1200. The Jacuzzi is 100 sq ft. My pool has a 1 1/2 hp pump (just replaced after 3 years). I have 6 returns, 1 skimmer, 3 jets and a small water fall and a line for pool cleaner. The pool is approximately 19 x 30 and holds about 16,500 gallons of water and it is with chlorine. Any suggestions on which one I should purchase? or look at any others?

That doesn't sound right, I think it would be HUGE if it was 1200 sq. ft., and if your current filter is only 100 sq. ft., then both of those are WAY over sized. BTW, these are cartridge filters right?

I did a quick Yahoo search, and came up with this... from http://www.poolhub.com

HayC9002......HayC12002
3/4 HP..........1 HP, 1 1/2 HP
90 sq. ft........120 sq. ft.
$215.00.........$262.00

I would go with the C-1200, it is designed for your size pump, is a little bigger then your current filter, and doesn't cost much more then the C-900.

HTH,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.