Crack in plaster

May 20, 2010
I bought a foreclosure home which had a pool and posted the progress cleaning it up last year. The pool has been a blast. Last year after it cleared up, we noticed a crack in the plaster under the spa and into the step in the deep end. We just watched it and it has not grown at all. I have not had it leak tested but I am not loosing any water other than the normal evaporation on hot and windy days. I took some underwater pictures to show so I can be sure this is not something I should be more concerned about. I feel that this may have occurred after the pool was originally built in 2007. The plaster is Diamond Brite Watercolors Ocean Blue. The white mottled staining is what occurred after a year of sitting with algae and lots of leaves. I can't seem to get those stains to go away. I know it's going to take a drain and acid wash but we have enjoyed it way too much so have not had time to do so. Please give me your opinion. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zunynuvu.jpg
u3una8uh.jpg
5u8eqy8e.jpg
8yrysare.jpg
yhymaje4.jpg

That plaster looks older than 2007.

Hard to tell with the cracks. They look wide and deep. Do they penetrate into the wall?

I would get a couple of PB over and get some repair estimates. Ask them what is the cause? Won 't cost you anything and you get some opinions on what your problem is. Because like it or not the cracks are a symptom of a problem in you seven year old pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.