Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Today's test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Today's test results

I did a full battery of tests this afternoon with my TF100. Let me know if you think I should adjust anything:

FC 5.5
    CC .5 (just a tinge of pink)
    CH 75
    TA 80
    pH 7.5 or 7.6 (I'm not great at judging the colors in this test)
    CYA 70

I've never had any CC when testing in the past. Do you think the CC today could be due to a few leaves that were in the pool that I hadn't cleaned up yet. We've had rain and unseasonably cool weather the last few days. The water temp has dropped from 87 to 81!
    18 x 36 vinyl liner IG pool, grecian shape, ~27k gal
    1.5 hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward DE3620 Filter
    Hayward Aqua Rite Electronic SWG, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner
    TF-100 test kit with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Today's test results

Go swimming before it cools off any more. Leave the rest alone.

.5 or less CC is nothing to worry about. Sometimes I'll see it for a few days, and then it goes away for a week, and then it comes back.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Balls On TDC !! Swim!! Your FC is right at the lower edge so when you get done swimming boost it back close to 10ppm.

Enjoy Your Pool..
    Last edited by ranger_ric; 07-23-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Grammar
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ranger_ric View Post
    Balls On TDC !! Swim!! Your FC is right at the lower edge so when you get done swimming boost it back close to 10ppm.

Enjoy Your Pool..
    He's got a SWG. The FC levels are lower.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!