Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time cleaning blue essence swg help

1. Back To Top    #1

First time cleaning blue essence swg help

Inspect cell came on flashing for the first time. Ive read the manual and threads. Seemed like a pretty "basic" procedure. I turned off all electronics, relieved the pressure at the pump. Than unscrewed both connections connecting the SWG. Once the pvc nuts were completely loose i tried pulling out the swg. It didnt pull out. I tried pulling the pipe connected to the filter back to pull. It was still nudged. So I gave it just a slight tap on both ends and it cane free. But I looked at the connection points and they arent flush. It almost looks like they put a slight bit of pvc glue at the bottom (assumption). Between the connecttions and that had to break free. Any one else ever run into this? I cleaned the cell and reinstalled and its fine, no leaks. But something just wasnt right about the connection ends of the cell and the connection points. All 4 pipe ends at the very bottom had the texture of a pvc pipe after you cut it by hand with a hacksaw. Please let me know if anyone has info.

11,000 gallon gunite "pregnant bean" pool. Krystal Krete blue pepper interior finish. Pentair whisperflo .75 hp pump, Pentair Clean and clear RP 100 filter. Goldline blue essence 20k SWG. Savi sol LED. 4 deckjets

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: First time cleaning blue essence swg help

I can not picture what you are talking about ... pictures would help. Although if it is running fine, then no need to take it apart for pictures now.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!