Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles in pool

Split and merged by moderator. Please always start a new thread instead of asking questions in another member's thread ... which it looks like you did. Thanks, jblizzle

Hey new to the site. I used Clorox bleach for the first time and now I have some bubbles. Plus pool isn't looking to clear. What do I need to do to fix this. I have a party this weekend and not sure what to do. I also have floating chlorine tablets in the pool as well. HELP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Douglasville, GA

Re: No Free Chlorine - Please help!

Hey new to the site.
    Hi Chas, its best to start your own thread, that way you can get specific help for your situation. Please read the top two posts first, they will help you to help us.
    33K gal vinyl IG, 1.5 HP SuperFlo pump, Hayward S244T sand filter (62GPM)

3. Back To Top    #3

Bubbles in pool

Hey new to the site and trying to get some answers to fix my pool problems. For the first time I used Clorox bleach in my pool. Now I have bubbles, the pool isn't clear and it seems to have a film like presence. I have a party this weekend and I need HELP! Just think about draining and refilling.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Indiana

Re: Bubbles in pool

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like you don't have enough chlorine. What are your test results?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Is there any chance you bought "Splashless" or "High Efficiency" or "Outdoor" or "Scented" or some other boutique Clorox? Whatever it is they put in that stuff, it can cause suds. They will go away if you keep the FC level up with plain Clorox or its equivalent.

If the pool is greenish, foaming is common when algae starts dying. Does it look like this?

So tell us what the water looks like, what you've added, and test results and where they came from.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Tucson, AZ

Specifically what bleach did you use? Was it splashless or outdoor or something?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!