Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New TF-100 Test Kit & Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

New TF-100 Test Kit & Questions

Hi All. Been a pool owner for a while and a lurker here for a few years. Finally broke down and bought a TF-100 kit and the nifty speedstir. Ran through all the tests and got the following.

FC: 7
    CC: 2
    TA: 100
    CYA: 20
    PH: 7.8

Using 8.25% bleach for chlorine.

So a couple of questions. How do I get the CC down to 0? I would like to lower the PH down to 7.4 as it tends to drift up, but that will also drop the TA, which could stand to go lower, but I don't want it too low. Thoughts?

Thanks
    mhornet
    24' x 52" round AG pool, 14,500 gallons, vinyl liner, cartridge filter, 2 speed Waterway 2.0 HP pump, Hayward gas heater, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New TF-100 Test Kit & Questions

Welcome to TFP!!!

No problem lowering the pH, the TA will not plummet.

With the high CC, you likely need to follow the SLAM process described in Pool School.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the welcome! Should I SLAM before messing with the CYA? We've had a lot of rain here in Chicago over the last month, so im guessing thats why its low. Its been around 40~50 in the past.
    mhornet
    24' x 52" round AG pool, 14,500 gallons, vinyl liner, cartridge filter, 2 speed Waterway 2.0 HP pump, Hayward gas heater, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

You can SLAM with the CYA you have, or raise it a little to 30ppm or so. Be sure to lower the pH first of course.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!