Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I disassemble a Hayward EC65A DE Filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I disassemble a Hayward EC65A DE Filter?

Please do not duplicate post. You should have seen a message saying your post needed moderator approval. I am deleting the other one. Thanks, jblizzle

Hi all, I have a Hayward EC65A DE filter that no longer bumps. When you raise and lower the bumping handle the bump shaft goes up and down but the tube sheet / finger assembly inside isn't going up and down any more to regenerate the DE. How do you take this thing apart so that I can find out what the issue is and order any new parts I might need?

I have the filter head unbolted from the main filter body and the bumping handle removed from the bump shaft, but am kind of lost as to what to do next. I do have a diagram of the exploded view of the filter from the Hayward site (http://www.hayward-pool.ca/pdf/manuals/Manual257.pdf), but it still isn't obvious to me as to how to remove the filter head from the top tube sheet. Any direction would be much appreciated!, but it still isn't obvious to me as to how to remove the filter head from the top tube sheet.

Any direction would be much appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do I disassemble a Hayward EC65A DE Filter?

Here's the first video in a series on how to tear an EC40 down. Looks like around #8 they start gutting it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How do I disassemble a Hayward EC65A DE Filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Here's the first video in a series on how to tear an EC40 down. Looks like around #8 they start gutting it.
    That should do it, thanks a million!