Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wanda the Whale Run Time

1. Back To Top    #1
    Sumter, SC

Wanda the Whale Run Time

How long does everyone run their pool cleaners? Thanks to the website my pool is crystal clear with only 3 leaves in the bottom, so looking at the bottom to know when it's all been covered by the cleaner isn't going to work. I've been throwing it in my 24' pool for 2 hours and taking it out as part of my weekly cleaning. Just curious if anyone knows how long the pattern actually takes since the Hayward website says "in minimal time".
    13,593 ga. Celebration Disitnction LX 24' Round AG, Pentair SD40 Sand Filter, Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump, Installed 7/8/14, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Augusta, Kansas

Re: Wanda the Whale Run Time

Mr. Bug cleans my pool. My pool is 16X32 and it takes him (yes it's a boy) a few hours to get it all done. I like to set him loose on Saturday mornings. While I clean the house, he cleans the pool. I don't really time him I other than when I'm done cleaning the house I figure he's done with the pool.

15,000 salty gallons - 32' x 16' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Baltimore, MD

Re: Wanda the Whale Run Time

My Intex 12'x24'x52" pool literally sits completely under a giant tree so I run my pump 6 hrs a day and I toss my pool rover in for about 2 hours almost daily. Overkill yes but I hate vacuuming the pool!
    Intex Ultraframe 12x24x52, Krystal Clear 3,000 GPH Intex Sand Filter, Hayward SP1091 Wall Skimmer, Aquabot Pool Rover ., Confer A-Frame Safety Ladder Model 7200