Well I guess it wasn't level.

Jul 7, 2014
Lafollette,Tn
After reading reviews and watching a million videos. We finally decided to go with the intex 14x48. Ideally in a few years we'll get something a bit bigger but for now this seems to be a good size for us. (2 adults 1 kid) and the occasional family.

Soooo we get the pool and look at the box forever and finally start the ground work. Everything was going great! Then we put the pool together and got it centered on the spot and bam! pool is almost full one of the legs falls off the stepping stone and sinks and and the pool looks like it's about 3 1/2 inches un-level. I think all the water weight is resting on about 3 or 4 of the legs. Everyone is begging to get in but I'm terrified someone is going to get hurt so we are going to drain the pool tonight and have someone come and level the ground since apparently we can't do it lol

It was so disappointing to get that close and have to pretty much start over.The water is so clear and so pretty and so inviting.If it wasn't for fear of bodily injury I would for sure be hanging out in there while it's draining.

Thanks! I'll get some pictures tomorrow I'm sure it won't be drained as it seems to be taking forever. I'm hoping that we can get it moved tomorrow and get at least Aug and Sept out of it. We thought about getting the intex heater so we can use it into October.

Well as if we didn't have enough problems it has poured rain all day. The pool is still draining. The guy showed up and quoted $300 more than the originally quoted $250. I mean come on it's not that bad we already broke up the ground and removed the sod and we are setting the pool back up. So he pretty much wanted $550 to show up and do what he said would take less than an hour and be no real work at all. Um no. So I guess tomorrow if it doesn't rain and the pool finishes draining I'll go back at it with a shovel and a rake. I figure I've came this far I might as well see it done. My back hurts with anticipation!

I paid $550 for a 26" depth excavation for my 24ft pool right before we put it up. His price is outrageous! DIY and you'll feel better about the install. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.