New pool finally installed! Updated with some pics!

Jul 17, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi everyone! Finally had my pool installed yesterday and it looks great! Here are a few shots of the install.

This barely made it through the gate!

Let the water flow!

I took some water readings (city water) as I started filling it up:

About 18in of water currently

CL .5
PH 7.5
FC .5
CC .5
TA 30
CYA 0

Do you recommend that I add some bleach or cya while it is filling? Looks like I need to add quite a bit of Baking soda for the alkalinity? It may take another two days to fill completely. I am going to wait and add salt when it is full.

Last edited:
If it was my pool, I'd calculate the volume when it was a foot deep and pour some bleach in the hose stream to get it to 2 or 3 ppm, just as cheap insurance. And again the next day if it still isn't full. It won't last long, but it'll take care of any organics that blow in while it's filling. I know it would give me great piece of mind.

Once it's circulating for half an hour, recheck pH and TA, and adjust as needed. Work up to your levels, because baking soda will have some effect on pH and borax/washing soda will affect TA. So if you add everything poolmath tells you to at once, you'll overshoot. So go halfway to your TA target and recheck pH and then adjust things accordingly.

While that stuff is mixing, you can busy yourself with the CYA granules and the sock. And once the pH and TA are good, add some more bleach, realizing your effective CYA level will be zero for all intents that soon after adding. Then let the kids in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.