Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool finally installed! Updated with some pics!

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool finally installed! Updated with some pics!

Hi everyone! Finally had my pool installed yesterday and it looks great! Here are a few shots of the install.

This barely made it through the gate!

Let the water flow!

I took some water readings (city water) as I started filling it up:

About 18in of water currently

CL .5
    PH 7.5
    FC .5
    CC .5
    TA 30
    CYA 0

Do you recommend that I add some bleach or cya while it is filling? Looks like I need to add quite a bit of Baking soda for the alkalinity? It may take another two days to fill completely. I am going to wait and add salt when it is full.
    Last edited by MadMarty; 07-23-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added pics
    18,000g AquaLeader Harmony resin round 27' 54" AGP, Pentair EasyClean DE 60, Pentair Optiflo 1.5hp, Circupool Si30+ SWG, TF-100 kit, Dolphin S50 Robotic Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool finally installed!

I wouldn't add anything until it's full and circulating.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool finally installed!

Thanks crazy! I will wait until it is filled... should only be another day or so.
    18,000g AquaLeader Harmony resin round 27' 54" AGP, Pentair EasyClean DE 60, Pentair Optiflo 1.5hp, Circupool Si30+ SWG, TF-100 kit, Dolphin S50 Robotic Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: New pool finally installed! Updated with some pics!

If it was my pool, I'd calculate the volume when it was a foot deep and pour some bleach in the hose stream to get it to 2 or 3 ppm, just as cheap insurance. And again the next day if it still isn't full. It won't last long, but it'll take care of any organics that blow in while it's filling. I know it would give me great piece of mind.

Once it's circulating for half an hour, recheck pH and TA, and adjust as needed. Work up to your levels, because baking soda will have some effect on pH and borax/washing soda will affect TA. So if you add everything poolmath tells you to at once, you'll overshoot. So go halfway to your TA target and recheck pH and then adjust things accordingly.

While that stuff is mixing, you can busy yourself with the CYA granules and the sock. And once the pH and TA are good, add some more bleach, realizing your effective CYA level will be zero for all intents that soon after adding. Then let the kids in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

That's great advice Richard, thanks. I will calculate the volume when I get home from work and add some bleach as a precaution.

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, all is going well! The pool is fantastic and I have gone ahead and hard plumbed everything! Looks great.

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good. I an so hard piping my pump in the spring. It looks so much cleaner.

What is the device in the return line and the white box on the power pole?
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by mrramsey View Post
    What is the device in the return line and the white box on the power pole?
    SWG and controller, respectively.

9. Back To Top    #9

Ah OK... I am letting my noobness shine through.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner