Winter Cover Question

We recently had a 17' * 33 ' free form pool installed with stamped concrete. The Length with the concrete is 28' * 55' at its most outer edges. The concrete was sealed and it seems like the sealer works well in protecting the concrete. We are looking at purchasing a mesh cover where you can walk on for safety reasons (coming right of the deck but very expensive) or possibly patching up the old one (which has holes) in it.

Although my concern is that some of the concrete will be exposed to the elements and not covered and will fade and weather differently over the years. Maybe the sealer is that good and I will not run into this problem. Should I be purchasing a cover that is 30' * 60' to cover the whole concrete and pool for the winter. This will definitely shade the whole pool and concrete and I would have to clean it in the spring with some soap and water or is this over kill and not necessary. I would like to protect the concrete, etc.

I'm not sure I can answer the question but I'm sure someone can.

:bump:

In NJ, I am going to take a guess and suggest that the sun you get will not be too unkind to the concrete.
I'd ask the installer about sun rot on the product, and go from there.

If you do want to keep the surrounding concrete covered, for Pete's sake, do not make the cover that large - there is no reason to pay for a pool cover when a sheet of black visqueen (tm) will do as good a job - a few of those tubes filled with water on the plastic will hold it in place during the winter storms (put in a bunch of salt or antifreeze to keep it liquid). There are double-wide tubes which will not roll.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.