CYA Correct?

Jun 12, 2014
Sharpsville, IN
I tested my CYA and PH levels (7.6) last night and the CYA test said I was at 100. Is that possible? Or do I have a misreading? I haven't added any CYA in weeks (since at the end of my slam) and am having to add water every other day (weather or leak, I don't know at this point). And just for informational purposes, why do I go from having a good chlorine reading to 0 the next day? Especially with a reading of such high CYA.

Should I just do a retest of everything this evening and see what results I get tonight? Needless to say, with a CYA reading that high I brought my FC up to 7 instead of holding at 5.

PS: I love TFP! Have had NOTHING but a clear pool since my SLAM! Also, got the bill from the pool company from when they "opened" my pool and fought the bill and only agreed to pay for parts for the filter that they fixed, NO CHEMICALS (self explanatory), and the hour it took them to fix said filter. I won. They apologized. All is well. Never going back to pool store maintenance! EVER!:lovetfp:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.