2400gph 13" Sand Filter/Pump Review

Jun 25, 2013
Green Bay, WI
Just wanted to share some feedback on a recent pump I purchased.

My pool is a 18’x48” Intex Ultra Frame that had the stock 1500gph filter on it, and to say the least I was frustrated with it. Now I live in the country with zero trees to worry about and the pool is in the sun the entire day….but regardless of how well I tried that filter would constantly plug up.

So I had 2 simple requirements, sand filter & cheap!

So I found this 2400gph 13” sand filter with 3/4hp pump. If you google just that, you will find the same filter in quite a few places but it just has someone else’s name on it. I purchased it for $130 shipped!

Assembly was a breeze. Came with all the hardware you needed except 2 hose clamps to connect the hoses from the pool (I used 1-2” ones for my setup).
You will also need to buy your own sand…however it did come with a handy little funnel for filling the unit and making sure the sand didn’t go where it didn’t belong. I was able to reuse my existing Intex hoses to for from the filter to the pool. However, on the end that goes to the pump I did cut the flange off. This allows it to fit onto the adapter better and more securely. Turned it on and off she went! Water circulates beautifully!

Only dislike is that there isn’t an on/off switch right on the pump.

Thus far I have had zero issues. I’ll be sure to post back if something pops up.

View attachment 32099

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.