Phosphate problem???

Curtsam

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma / Arkansas
I found this old thread of phosphates and would like for you to confirm with me again that my high phosphate level of 2500 is not a problem. I have been using my TF 100 Test Kit (love it) and being a newbie I wanted to ensure that my numbers were right. Took the sample to Leslie's ( got their sample bottle for my own use! lol ) and everything looked great except the phosphate level.

Thank you in advance,

Sam

From another post on the subject:
Phosphates are ... let's call it a large field of dry grass. If there are sparks falling on this dry field, which is easier, removing all the grass or saturating the field with water? Keeping the FC at an appropriate level for your CYA will keep the hypothetical field wet and it doesn't matter how many sparks fall on it, it will not catch fire. So yes, phosphates are algae food, removing it could help slow algae growth, but phosphate does not matter if the algae dies before it can eat.

Phosphate removers have a large profit margin, so it's not to hard to figure out why pool stores love to push them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.