TFPC is Actually Kind of Boring...

I have posted a link onto this site on friends' Facebook about a half dozen times. Not sure if anyone ever stopped by or not. Have a former coworker whose husband runs the locsl pool store. My SIL keeps them in business, ha ha. In the meantime, I use the money I am saving on upgrading pool accessories!

Much better use of the money :D I've been doing the same, mostly while sitting back giggling at the others.

I have to agree with the OP. TFPC has proven to be boring but NOT that I am complaining!! This is my first time owning, opening, and maintaining a pool and started with TFPC off the bat. It's gotten to the point where I've gotten the feel for the pool and know how many PPM FC is consumed day to day and add bleach when needed. I test every about every 2-3 days and the FC test results have always been spot on. My sister saw pictures of my pool that I took with my cellphone and she says the water looks fake and it looks like CG (computer graphics).

My sis and bro in law have been pool owners for 10 yrs. has 16 x32 in ground vinyl. He's one of those lucky people that falls in a bag of you know and comes up smelling like a rose. He simply drops a couple of pucks in his basket each week, vacuums and dumps in a box of baking soda (and doesn't know why) once a month. Somehow his pool is always beautiful ... I'm patiently waiting for the call to being over my test kit.

I went to lunch to catch up with an old friend with whom I haven't spoken with in about 10 years. We both say we have pools and he starts to say how much he shocks and he still has algae and how much he spends and how many chemicals he puts in. He then asks me about my problems in my pool. My response...none! I put some "stabilizer", aka cya, when I open it and chlorine during the swimming season, and that's basically it. His response? I wouldn't go into your pool....you're not putting enough chemicals into it :hammer:

I had a pool service come by trying to get customers in the neighborhood.. price was good 45 a month chemicals only... they asked how i was maintaining the pool.. so i told them... they asked to look at it and commented on how good it looked then left... a few minutes later i get another knock on the door... its the pool guy with supervisor in tow wanting to show him my pool... supervisor asks if he can test my water... i said sure so he pulls out strips and dips it in.... So i go inside and grab my tf50 and my 5way kit the first guy looks at his supervisor and says "her test kit is bigger than ours"

I had a pool service come by trying to get customers in the neighborhood.. price was good 45 a month chemicals only... they asked how i was maintaining the pool.. so i told them... they asked to look at it and commented on how good it looked then left... a few minutes later i get another knock on the door... its the pool guy with supervisor in tow wanting to show him my pool... supervisor asks if he can test my water... i said sure so he pulls out strips and dips it in.... So i go inside and grab my tf50 and my 5way kit the first guy looks at his supervisor and says "her test kit is bigger than ours"
This is awesome ... too bad you did not have the giant TF100 :lol:

Love it!

I'm on my 3rd house right now (have had a pool at each house), but this is the first time I've adopted the TFPC strategies. I joined this site maybe a couple of years ago - I must have had some questions, but only recently did I really read the links and actually attempt to learn the techniques here.

It's a strange, but liberating feeling that I pretty much don't need to ever set foot in a pool store. Until now, I always felt dependent on the pool stores, and always was a little nervous that they were overcharging me, and I know I sometimes got bad advice, and I always had to learn whom to trust more, and whom to trust less.

I'm still not quite used to the feeling of staying out of those stores, but I like it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.