Pool Newbie..Pool Cleaner Reccomendations

Jul 16, 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC
We are finalizing up the options for our pool which should be under construction within the month. Looking at pool cleaners it is a tough choice to make.

The pool setup is a free form, basically 3 circles 16ft in diameter overlapping one another in an 'L' shape, with salt water. Wet Edge Satin Matrix finish with changing depth from 3 to 5 feet with 1 of the circles being a sundeck.

Looking for recommendations for an automatic pool cleaner. With the pebble finish I don't know if there is something I should be looking for with a pool cleaner more so than others.

I was looking at a Zodiac MX8 which is completely suction based, doesn't have any brushes from what I can see.

Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thanks.

I'm a huge fan of my robot. It's a Dolphin Oasis Z5

There's an article in pool school about choosing a pool cleaner. You might read that as well. It's somewhat helpful.

There are pros and cons to every type of pool cleaner. I've read that the best overall suction side cleaner is "the pool cleaner" aka poolvergnuegen FWIW.

Of course on things like this you pretty much have to go off of faith and your best judgement. I read on pool cleaners off/on for about 6 months before deciding that a robot was my best option. Honestly the factor that made the decision for me was seeing one in action in person.

I can say that this thing cleans the floor better than my vacuum head could.

I like my robot. Independent of circulation system, no booster pump needed. The trade off is cleaning the filters after each cleaning. Dealing with a cord/controller versus a vacuum hose and hook up.

Mine is an older Hayward/AquaVac Tigershark.

Do you have a lot of trees or leaf debris expected?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.