Salt test strip delima

Aug 12, 2011
Augusta, Kansas
True to form my rock solid pool is throwing a low salt error seven days before we leave on vacation :roll: It's the intex SWG.

Unfortunately, I bought the leslie's pool salt test strips without looking at the bottle (HATE THEM). They are a dip for a few seconds then hold for 20 seconds then play match the color. For the past three years I'd been using the Aquacheck and loved them...but ran out and didn't have the patience to order new strips so I went to the pool store....my bad won't do that again!

I blindly dumped 40 lbs of salt into a pool and that afternoon we had six kids give our pool a great "stir". Still "low salt".

If I can't find any Aquacheck in Wichita do you have a recommendation of another test strip? I'd really like to add the proper amount of salt before I leave my sparkling clean pool for a week. I've seen the HTH test strip - is it another matching game?

Diane

Order the AquaChek strips over the Internet. None of the others are even close to as good.

You should also check to make sure the cell plates are clean, as calcium on the plates can cause a low salt error even when salt is correct.

Thank you Jason....I thought I would leave the solution in case I hit the problem again. After looking closer at my generator I did see scale on them. So last night they spent a few hours soaking in vinegar (swap the hoses for end caps and fill with vinegar and let it sit for a few hours then hose it out). Last night ....no low salt code:lovetfp:. In discussions with my husband he reminded me that about the end of summer each year the low salt beeping happens (school starts the 2nd week of August so our summer is winding down).

So word to the wise....clean the cell plates :)

And AquaCheck strips are the BEST and most accurate salt testing strips I've used. Leslie's pool's and other pool stores in our area sell the what I like to call "match the color" type of strips which are not as accurate as I like to keep my numbers.

I feel like I'm reading my own post bought some of those strips yesterday and boy are they junk could not even tell what was what different shades of colors bleeding every way. I learned the hard way. I need to order some of those Aquacheck's can not find them locally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.