When to start take-over and do I switch to SWG?

Here are two pictures of the clarity of my pool right now:

In this smaller picture it may be hard to see but there is a spot around the grate at the bottom. I have no idea what it is or how to remove it.
tumblr_n95gt72xim1tfc8vuo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n95gt72xim1tfc8vuo1_1280.jpg

It's just a guess but it looks like at some point someone drained the pool and some dirty water sat in there :confused:
Has it always been like that ?

It's just a guess but it looks like at some point someone drained the pool and some dirty water sat in there :confused:
Has it always been like that ?

That's a great guess and yes it has been that way since we bought the house in Dec 2012. I was told that the people who owned the house before us had left the pool empty for some period of time and then filled it when they decided to sell. That's also why there was black algae when we moved in, because they didn't really care for it...

Just ran my first tests:

Cl = 7?
Br = 12?
pH = 7.5
FC 26 X 0.5 = 13
TC 2 x 0.5 =1
CH 22 x 25 = 550
TA 13 x 10 = 130
CYA = 89

I'm going to move these numbers over to the proper Thread:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/82315-My-First-Tests

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, filling it with water and not adding anything to keep it from turning ... priceless :crazy:

Yeah they did a lot of shameless things that have cost us money and time, but we still love the house!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.