Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need some advice!

1. Back To Top    #1

I need some advice!

Do I drain it or is there some other way to level it

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: I need some advice!

Sorry...gonna have to drain that rascal. Dig down the high spots rather than building up the low areas to get it level. Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Gosh, it's always one spot to ruin the whole deal huh?

As Woody mentioned, you're going to have to take it down and start at the lowest end and remove the dirt so you're on virgin soil. Adding dirt will not fix the problem.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Sorry your first post is such a downer, but what they say is the unfortunate truth. For leveling, check out this thread for ideas:

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Midland TX

I am in agreement. you have some leveling to do. I speak from experience and with sorrow in my heart for the task in front of you. HOWEVER once you get that leveling done AND you follow the TFP practices. You WILL have many wonderful swim seasons in front of you.. Kids giggling and splashing. Adults smiling and chasing.. Good times are in front of you, invest in the leveling and have the GOOD Life!!!! Good Luck...
    7200 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 3 Grandaughters swimming every week.

6. Back To Top    #6

Baltimore, MD

I am sure the linked thread recommends this but make sure to place paving stones, flush with the soil, under the support bars of the pool or they will likely sink over time.