Gnuite pool w organic stains.....

Jul 20, 2014
Fanwood/NJ
Hey guys I am new to the forum but I have seen the topic on pools with organic stains. Often times they stayed to use liquid chlorine and this will clear up the problem. It's approximately 18,000 gallons. The stains look to come from the tree above which I have attached a picture as well. Upon trying to get this to clear up I also see that the bottom of the pool is becoming either dirtier or developing Algae. I found the board because there were other similar threats that also talked about this topic. Could you please give me a play-by-play on what to do, how long to expect and how much adjustments I should make to get the appropriate cleaning going, including any scrubbing with brushes.

This is my first year with an old gunite pool and I'm getting frustrated...thank you so much for your help

Richtree

Organic stains will usually clear over time with normal chlorine, or more quickly with higher levels. You can verify that they are organic by rubbing a spot with a chlorine puck.

Organic stains will usually clear over time with normal chlorine, or more quickly with higher levels. You can verify that they are organic by rubbing a spot with a chlorine puck.

As you can see there's a Puck in the pool in the picture...... After placing a pox on the spot 70% of the spot disappears.. Even rubbing it can't get the whole spot out.... There are far too many spots to do this again and again... I've added extra chlorine via pucks but is the only way to get this out liquid chlorine thank you

I thought that was a drain!

Remember the puck is acidic and can discolor the plaster if you leave it too long.

Any form of chlorine will work, but it's easier to raise the level quickly with liquid and it doesn't add anything problematic.

I thought that was a drain!

Remember the puck is acidic and can discolor the plaster if you leave it too long.

Any form of chlorine will work, but it's easier to raise the level quickly with liquid and it doesn't add anything problematic.

Okay so how much liquid chlorine do I need based on the size of my pool and do I have to leave the filter continuously running while ago for this process.... Lastly about how long will this take to clear up and do I have to scrub the all with a brush that sometime

You can use tools with acid or chlorine (not both together, obviously) such as Purity Pool OS Out Spot Stain Remover or Jandy 1148 Stain Remover.

You can put chlorine in these ?

- - - Updated - - -

Use PoolMath to calculate how much bleach you need to add.

You could either target shock level (FC/CYA Chart) or just elevate it some above normal and brush brush brush ... no idea how long it will take.

Sorry our free advice is not fast enough for you ;)

I will report my pool numbers back here......and ask for some more "free advice", lol --- It is just so frustrating because I thought I had everything good....and the spots are still there., and some algae may be forming on bottom........

getting angry., lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.