Any thoughts on the Merlin smart-mesh cover? I need to replace my old Meyco cover

Jul 20, 2014
Berks County, PA
Hi,

The smart-mesh cover was highly recommended to me. My meyco mesh cover is just about shot, and having just completely renovated the pool, I feel it is time for a new cover to help protect everything over the winter. I'm sure a solid cover is best, but I just don't feel like hassling with a pump, etc. I always do my best to keep the water level down anyway with a cover pump that I have, but of course at some point our entire pool and deck - in a bad winter - gets completely buried by snow drifts, especially this past winter. Once that happens, it's next to impossible to do anything until the ice in the pool starts to thaw.

Any thoughts or advice on the Merlin (or other) covers would be greatly appreciated. I also like the smart-mesh since it is lighter in weight than a solid yet is supposed to block sunlight so as to prevent algae growth.

Welcome to TFP three4rd! :wave:

Not real sure on the cover because I've never used one. I'm still messing around with the solid one and may try a mesh cover next year when mine gives out. We had an awful winter last year too! Hope it's not so bad this year! If you do go ahead with the Merlin, please do post your reviews as I'm sure others would love to hear about it. :goodjob:

Three4rd,

did you end up going with the merlin? We decided to go with a new cover this year, and also have a meyco and are also interested in the Merlin smart mesh. I was curious if/where you purchased and if you had any issues with straps lining up with the anchors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.