Hello. My pool was completed the first week of June. I knew I would have trouble keeping pH balanced and I was right. I have to add acid at least every other day. At first I had a TA of 120 and I worked to lower it. Now it is at 70, sometimes reads 60. Every other day or so my pH is at least 8.2. I add the acid at the appropriate amount and my pH stabilizes for the day. My question is do I need to raise the TA a little bit? Will that help keep my pH stable a little longer or is it only a high TA that affects pH rebounding? Or will I just have to accept the nearly daily battle with pH and acid?
Other test results-
FC- 5 first thing in the morning, (dosed with stenner overnight)
Cya- 35 to 40
CH- 350

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!
Andrea

Yes! Lots of sources of aeration. Waterfall, spillway, slide, bubblers in beach and kids, dog and other swimmers. I haven't noticed any connection to those considerations being out of the equation and a more stable pH though. How in the world does my TA stay so low? It isn't as susceptible to change I guess?

PH increases come from paster curing and from high TA. If you raised TA, the reduced PH drift from plaster curing due to the higher TA would be more than canceled out by the increase PH drift from higher TA.

I just replied to another post about this. I had a new Pebble Sheen finish applied two months ago and went through 4.5 gallons of muriatic acid thus far. The first week taking a half gallon every other day with a TA around 110. I'm now down to only a 1/8 of a gallon every few days. I also have a slide that has water that aerates the pool some what.

I have a pebble finish as well. Filled pool first weekend of June. I've been through more acid than that (maybe 6 gallons?). At first my goal was to lower my TA so I added enough acid to get a pH of 7.2 and then my pool pal app said to aerate to get pH back to 7.6. I did that until my TA dropped so much. Now I'm in a daily battle to keep pH below 8.0. Frustrating and I hate handling that acid so often. Anyways, at least my bleach is automated! I'll keep hoping that things will level off a bit. Thanks for the advice y'all!

I have a pebble finish as well. Filled pool first weekend of June. I've been through more acid than that (maybe 6 gallons?). At first my goal was to lower my TA so I added enough acid to get a pH of 7.2 and then my pool pal app said to aerate to get pH back to 7.6. I did that until my TA dropped so much. Now I'm in a daily battle to keep pH below 8.0. Frustrating and I hate handling that acid so often. Anyways, at least my bleach is automated! I'll keep hoping that things will level off a bit. Thanks for the advice y'all!

This is the same problem I am having and posted about in another thread. My pebble finish was also done in June. Could be still simply curing? Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We finished our pebble tec finish in February and have the same problem as you. Maybe not quite as intense. Adding 16-32 oz per week of muriatic acid. Waterfall runs about an hour per day. TA near 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.