Tree Pollen this time of year?

bluskyguy

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Charlotte NC
Isnt tree pollen what you can mistake for Mustard algae?If so that season (at least in NC) is long gone.
It literally covers cars turning them yellow,hence the mistake for mustard algae.I am still having a problem
getting rid of a mild case of PERSISTENT algae.I do the slam method,next day small clumps of algae settle
on bottom,I vacuum,next day smaller clumps of algae settle on bottom,I vacuum,next day same thing for 5
days and counting.All my "numbers are good".This leads me to believe Mustard and not regular algae.Again
I cant see pollen being mistaken for mustard this time of year.BTW,do I need to backwash every time I
vaccum up algae clumps after shocking?The most it says on the Forum is "as needed" Thanks guys.
One more thing,if I cant determine through ant kind of test if it is Mustard,should I just assume and bring
it up to Mustard shock level.Cost wise not a big deal(couple extra bottles of bleach) or is this extremely
more damaging to equipment that I make SURE? its Mustard. Thanks

Just to be clear,when I say tree pollen,I mean the stuff that falls like snow from the trees and covers cars.
This can easily be mistaken for Mustard algae.The tree pollen this time of year is microscopic and I cant imagine
it could even be seen in a pool.There are a couple threads on this forum discussing whether its pollen or Mustard
algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.