chlorinator operation question

Jul 7, 2014
atco/nj
I dont know if my chlorinator is working correctly. I put 9 pucks in it on the afternoon of July 10th. They are still in there. (They have shrunk some) When I take the top off there is water in there. So today I started taking the tubes off. On the outlet the water from the pvc came out. When I took off the chlorinator tube (outlet) no water came out. I figured the pressure would be pushing it out. So then I took off the hose from the inlet and again no water. I thought this was normal because the pump sucked the air in losing prime. Do these things run on vacuum pressure. I really think these pucks should be gone by now. Since it was new I was doing a test run because I am leaving for the weekend and was gonna count on it to chlorinate the pool. Now I'm not so sure.

There is an adjustment dial for the chlorinator that controls how quickly chlorine is added to the pool. That dial might be set to off. It is also possible that the chlorinator is clogged somewhere, though that seems less likely.

Um, I hate to admit this but I missed the part where the intake goes after the pump. I'll be cutting the pipe to fix it 2mrow. Idiot. The pump is pulling the water away from the chlorinator instead of pushing water thru it. So stupid.

Thanks for the replies as always

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.