Lowering my TA

Otis Campbell

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 5, 2013
Lewisville, TX
I had a pool fill snafu and my pool got filled to the brim. I must have made a mistake when I was tinkering with my sprinker system controller and the zone for the pool fill ran about an hour and half overnight.

So my chemicals got out of whack. Here are the readings I took yesterday afternoon. FC 1.4 CYA 70 PH 7.0 TA 160. I was happy to see my CYA at 70 as I had put a lot of effort into getting that up to where it needed to be.

I added some 10% chlorine per the pool math page to get the FC up. I need to get my TA down, obviously. I've been reading about aerating. I've got blowers on my spa. Should I just turn those on and let them churn to perform the aeration?

Thanks.

I had a pool fill snafu and my pool got filled to the brim. I must have made a mistake when I was tinkering with my sprinker system controller and the zone for the pool fill ran about an hour and half overnight.

So my chemicals got out of whack. Here are the readings I took yesterday afternoon. FC 1.4 CYA 70 PH 7.0 TA 160. I was happy to see my CYA at 70 as I had put a lot of effort into getting that up to where it needed to be.

I added some 10% chlorine per the pool math page to get the FC up. I need to get my TA down, obviously. I've been reading about aerating. I've got blowers on my spa. Should I just turn those on and let them churn to perform the aeration?

Thanks.
That's what I did. Full return through the spa, maximum aeration by every means possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.