New Pool just filled & added chemicals NOW tint of green!!! Help Please!

Hi, Just finished filling pool with city water yesterday & completed the required tests for BBB method results were at 11:00am:
FC 0
PH 7.0
TA 30
CH 30
CYA 0
B 0
Put all the figures into pool math and added exactly the given amounts.

At 7:30pm tested pool again and the results were:
FC 5
PH 7.2
TA 80
CH 30
CYA 60
B 10

Just went out this morning 5:30am to check and the pool is clear to bottom but with a shade of green
tested again and the results are:
FC 5
TC 5
CC 0
B 10
PH 7.2
TA 80
CYA 90

Please help I'm a newbie and not sure what to do next. ty you for any help given to this matter

You just started the pool, so we need to know exactly what you have put into it to date. I'm surprised at the CYA numbers going up that fast and wonder how much you put in.

The K-2005 test kit in your signature is limited to 5ppm chlorine. You really should pick up a FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test to increase your limit up to 50 for free chlorine and test for combined chloramines. Both of these are required if you are going to follow the TFP methods.

I'm going to guess you have something growing in the pool, but without complete testing it is impossible to know for sure. We do not "shock" our pools, we follow the SLAM Process when there is a problem.

Try to order the test kit addition today if possible and keep the chlorine up until it gets in.

Has the green tint gone away? It sounds like metals in the fill water. A sequestrant should clear that up.

You just started the pool, so we need to know exactly what you have put into it to date. I'm surprised at the CYA numbers going up that fast and wonder how much you put in.
What have you added to the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.