Orlando, Fl
Hey guys just wanted to post my results from the TF 100:

FC 7
CC .5
TC 7.5
PH 7.8
TA 190
CYA 50

The only thing i noticed is on the small Chlorine and Ph tester it says 1-2 which doesn't coincide with the other results.

Anyways how does everything look?

The OTO chlorine test (drops turn the sample some shade of yellow) is quick and easy but only measures TC up to 5 and it is very difficult to distinguish levels between 3 and 5. This test excels at a quick chlorine or no chlorine check.

The FAS-DPD chlorine test (powder turns the sample pink, drops turn it back clear) is slower but measures both FC and CC from 0 to 50 in steps of 0.5. This test is the one to use for knowing exactly what your levels are. However it can very rarely report no chlorine when chlorine is actually very very high.

For your CYA level of 50 you need to maintain your FC level between 4-8 and never below 4. Target 8.
Use Pool Math to figure how much bleach to add to reach your target of 8.
How much you have to add each day depends on how much FC you lose each day. Testing FC will tell you how much you lose each day.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ahh ok! if i have a 2.5 gallon jug how much you think i should add each day?
That's what testing will tell you. In a couple weeks, you'll have a good idea how thirsty the pool is, but in the meantime, test, plug it into poolmath, and dose.

Good instructions for using poolmath and setting up the suggested levels and the bleach strength are in this article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/114-poolmath-pool-calculator

If you're at zero now, and you target 8 and your pool is 20,000 gallons and the bleach is 10%, you'll need 1.5 gallons. If the bleach is weaker or stronger, that quantity will be different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.