Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cya help

1. Back To Top    #1

Cya help

First must say I love this site and I know will learn a lot here. After reading a lot here I purchase ts100 hoping to become a pro with lots of reading and questions. OK here we go my pool have been up and running for 4wks (new pool) only been using swg. Just received ts100 and decide to do some testing cya 0 fc 0..OK I stop there I decided fix these problems before going any further. Pool is clear no algae. My question is pool math said I need 2754g of stabilizer to get goal of 70-80 could this be right, to my understanding it's harder to lower than raise cya.. Newbie
    21x52 Ag 36718L, Krystal clear 8110 swg, Hayward s180t filter, Hayward 1.5 ultra pro lx pump, ts100, Taylor speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cya help

Welcome to TFP!

I would start by adding about 2000g, give that time to mix in (a week for granular), test again, and continue adjusting from there. That way you kind of creep up on the level you want and don't accidentally go over.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for quick reply, will do and test again in a week.
    21x52 Ag 36718L, Krystal clear 8110 swg, Hayward s180t filter, Hayward 1.5 ultra pro lx pump, ts100, Taylor speedstir.

4. Back To Top    #4

No reason not to add some liquid chlorine too. Evidently your swg isn't generating any chlorine yet?
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter