Wouldn't it be wondeful.......IF?

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Yeah...I'm bored. Pool only 77 in July in Texas!

1.. The presence of sunlight actually......KILLED......algae.

2 All pets were waterproof.

3. You still looked as good in that swim suit as you did at 20!

4. All pool floats were self inflating and deflating.

5. All alcohol had zero calories and carbs........(and tasted just as good)

6. We all had a view of our pool from our villa on the Caribbean.

7...All TFP Experts, Mods, Special Contributors and Admins were available on Angies List.

You get the idea.........feel free to add!

1. All pool stores taught the TFP method and stocked bleach.
2. It cost $500 to build a new pool and a dollar a year to maintain.
3. Ditto on the alcohol having no carbs and actually being good for you.
4. Pool floats that self repair when they get a hole.
5. A microwave pool heater that heats your pool 10 degrees for under a dollar.

A mental telepathy invitation system so that when I'm alone and swimming and thought to myself "Its such a nice day I wish a bunch of people would just drop in and share it with me!" and voila! It would happen!
...And likewise, when I'm ready to quit they'd instinctively all say "Thanks, gotta run! Let me help pick up before we go" and voila!-it would be done!

How bout a pool boy that looks like Brad Pitt (for the ladies) that only practices TFP method
A yard service that does it for free
A maid to clean the house so you can actually have time to swim
A Persoanl live in chef that serves you chilled shrimp and piña coladas by said pool, that are low carb, no calories
All my new found friends on TFP to enjoy it with me....
My list could go on and on.....

Yeah...I'm bored. Pool only 77 in July in Texas!

1.. The presence of sunlight actually......KILLED......algae.

2 All pets were waterproof.

3. You still looked as good in that swim suit as you did at 20!

4. All pool floats were self inflating and deflating.

5. All alcohol had zero calories and carbs........(and tasted just as good)

6. We all had a view of our pool from our villa on the Caribbean.

7...All TFP Experts, Mods, Special Contributors and Admins were available on Angies List.

You get the idea.........feel free to add!

I could sure go for #4!

I've had some huge pool floats in the past. One of them was about 1/7 the size of the pool. I had to either inflate and deflate them frequently (a pain), or just leave them inflated. We stored them outside, so, of course, they deflated. Now we just have one smaller one stored in our garage.

Here are some things I wish were invented:

1) Inflatable dartboard.
2) Bacon flavored toothpaste.
3) Teflon coated brake pads to reduce wear.
4) A 987-yottawatt gamma ray laser.
5) A wind turbine that you can mount on top of your car for free energy. The turbine would power a light that would shine on a solar panel that would power an electrolysis device that converted water into hydrogen and oxygen. The car would then be powered by the hydrogen.

As to #5..... I think I am pretty close to this!!! I think with another $8.7 BilI could not only master this technological breakthrough I could also make each of my TFP friends a Millionaire!! Better than the Lottery I must say. Vote for my funding!
Here are some things I wish were invented:

1) Inflatable dartboard.
2) Bacon flavored toothpaste.
3) Teflon coated brake pads to reduce wear.
4) A 987-yottawatt gamma ray laser.
5) A wind turbine that you can mount on top of your car for free energy. The turbine would power a light that would shine on a solar panel that would power an electrolysis device that converted water into hydrogen and oxygen. The car would then be powered by the hydrogen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"5. A microwave pool heater that heats your pool 10 degrees for under a dollar."

I'm willing to chip in on the R&D!

How about this?

A plastic lined metal pipe with the magnatron from a microwave oven mounted on one end. Might work. Doubt it would heat any significant amount of water though. It takes my 1000W oven 2 minutes to heat an 8oz cup of coffee.

Hmmmm. Maybe several with water flowing in series between them? But there goes your $1 budget down the drain.....

I am sorry I derailed your thread.. I always wish for:
1. Ool is always 86° to 88°
2. 6 underemployeed people show up to sweep/vacuum my Ool every day.
3. When I find myself underemployed that there is always a Ool or 2 within walking distance to sweep/vacuum
4. My wife to agree 87° is the best you can hope for and to enjoy life !!!

ComputerGuyInNOLA --

How about this for your microwave pool heater:

Multiple magnatrons in several short sections of PVC pipe plumbed in series, all enclosed in what would amount to a Faraday cage.

Magnatron wattage doesn't have to match between units, as each would be limited by a computer (microcontroller and sensors) to limit the total power to 1500W.

You have unleashed a monster inside my head!

I would want...
1. An invisible force field that deflected all leaves, acorns, ants, and crepe myrtle blossoms away from my pool!
2. A super ice cube that lowered water temp by 10 degrees instantly.
3. A lawn that grows to 1" long and stops, and does not grow weeds!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.