Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: actual pool frog !?!

1. Back To Top    #1

Lexington, Ky

actual pool frog !?!

I really don't know where to post this.

I've had a few dead frogs in the skimmers over the years, which I assume is normal.

Now, I have a frog which appears to love the chlorine.
    So, get him out of there, right?
    Problem is, I now have hardly any insects in the pool (or even skimmers), which had been my primary trouble!

I fished him out & he jumped right back in.
    So, anyone have a 'pet' pool frog?
    32K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5HP Hayward SuperPump variable speed, Hayward S244S sand filter, TF-100 test kit, AquaRite SWG - T15
    Hayward H400FDN heater, DirtDevil (Hayward TigerShark?) robot, Pool Blaster Max, 1.5" PVC, 2 skimmers, dual drain, 3 returns

2. Back To Top    #2

South Florida

Re: actual pool frog !?!

If you let one in, he'll bring all his friends.
    10,000 gallon in ground diamond brite, Circupool si30+, Hayward C900 cartridge, 1.5hp Flotec single speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

I resemble that remark !! Sounds like a fair trade to be rid of the insects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Clermont Florida

I get frogs all the time to! dont worry there no harm, i just pick them up and put em in the grass and they usually scurry off, now my real problem is i have plants near my screened in pool and these brown lizards LOVE the plants

5. Back To Top    #5

I get toads and frogs all the time. I back up to a forest preserve with a creek. I just throw them back by the creek.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System