Bird problem

If you're looking for less than lethal options, the string is the most effective thing I've seen. Some use fishing line.

If it's legal and you don't have moral/ethical problems with killing them. It has been witnessed that taking a few out has a way of deterring others.

Another option is to be pennants and string them up near the pool for a week or so. We bought some at Ace Hardware and they stayed away for a long time. I know you can also buy a floating dolphin that has a weighted bottom and it moves around the pool, birds don't like that either. These are the two solutions that have worked for us in the past.

They sell blow up snakes which you can let float and move around in the water or get rubber ones and leave them on the edge. My last AGP pool we had one of those large green blow up allegators which floats and moves around which kept ducks out. I also heard fake owls work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.