Worms, less than an 1/8 inch with slime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2007
We haven't ordered the test kit, yet. Poolsolutions was recommended to me, so I have just been surfing around that site looking for answers. I finally found the url for this site, thank you!

1) A full set of test results from a drop based kit (NOT from test strips) that include:

We don't have a test kit, yet. I will be ordering one ASAP. All values are ok, except chlorine is slightly low, according to DH.

2) The gallonage of your pool OR it's shape (rectangle, oval, round, kidney, free form) and it's dimensions (length, width, average depth)

30 foot round, 4 foot deep, approximately 21,000 above ground.

3) The finish of your pool (plaster, fiberglass, vinyl, or painted)
The form of chlorine you are using (trichlor tabs, dichlor, liquid--including bleach, cal hypo, lithium hypochlorite) OR the alternative sanitizer you are using (bromine or biguanide)

Vinyl liner with chlorine tablets

4) Whether you use any metal or '"mineral" sanitizers such as the Frog, Nature2, ionizers

None

5) What the water looks like (clear, cloudy, green, off color, etc).

Water is gorgeous and clear!

6) The kind of filter you have (sand, cartridge, DE)

Cartridge, I think.

I noticed the pool was a little slick on the bottom about 2 days ago. This morning, we had a few dark green patches on the bottom. I vacuumed them up and swam. Upon further investigation, the substance on the bottom is more of an orange color with some green in it. There are also little tiny worms! What could this be? I searched and searched. I don't think they are whipworms. Could they be mosquito larvae?

My husband is outside shocking the pool right now. We will be doing the BBB method as soon as we can get to the store.

They are so tiny. And it is 10:30 here. They were less than 1/8 inch long with little segmented bodies. Tomorrow morning, I'll go scoop some out.

I did google mosquito larvae pictures. They looked similar, but they were definitely on the bottom of the pool. Do mosquito larvae hang out at the top surface only?

Unbridled said:
They are so tiny. And it is 10:30 here. They were less than 1/8 inch long with little segmented bodies. Tomorrow morning, I'll go scoop some out.

I did google mosquito larvae pictures. They looked similar, but they were definitely on the bottom of the pool. Do mosquito larvae hang out at the top surface only?
Unless you have killed them then they will sink...If they are segmented I doubt they are a paracite...
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.