Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have been on the BBB method this year, and need to bump my TA up a bit. I have...

1. Back To Top    #1

I have been on the BBB method this year, and need to bump my TA up a bit. I have...

...some Baquacil PH Increaser still on hand from my time as a Baquacil user.

Can I use the Baquacil PH increaser in my pool without messing anything up?

Thanks!
    20K gal, IG vinyl, Waterfall on 2nd pump (1HP US Motor), Dolphin cleaning system, Central Arkansas, installed 1999
    1HP Emerson (main pump), Purex Triton II (TR 60) Sand Filter (replaced original 2016), Purex Triton Mini Max Plus 250 Heater (unused for several years)

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: I have been on the BBB method this year, and need to bump my TA up a bit. I have

A quick search returns a MSDS indicating that it is just soda ash (sodium carbonate).
    Yes, you can use it without messing anything up.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: I have been on the BBB method this year, and need to bump my TA up a bit. I have

Thanks Abigail!
    20K gal, IG vinyl, Waterfall on 2nd pump (1HP US Motor), Dolphin cleaning system, Central Arkansas, installed 1999
    1HP Emerson (main pump), Purex Triton II (TR 60) Sand Filter (replaced original 2016), Purex Triton Mini Max Plus 250 Heater (unused for several years)

4. Back To Top    #4

Just as a follow up, I have used the Baquacil PH Increaser with success!
    Thanks again, Abigail!

5. Back To Top    #5

I assure you, 20 Mule team borax will increase pH the same at a whole lot less $$$$.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

OP stated it was leftover from before conversion.

7. Back To Top    #7

Was merely pointing out if he needs pH increased in the future he needn't go to the pool store to buy the expensive stuff. While I'm editing my post, if he only needs to bump his TA without increasing pH as the op says, he can do that with baking soda also a whole lot less $$$$
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter