Building my own pool in DFW - Need sub-contractors

Jun 16, 2014
Forney Tx
Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post as the member to whom you posed your question has been inactive on the forum for 3 years. It's best practice to start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on an old Thread as your question can get lost there. Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

Does anyone in the DFW area have experience in using a sub-contractor to draw your plans and about how much did they charge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pool Engineering Inc.in Anaheim CA does about 75% of the swimming pool structural engineering and design plans in the US. You can do a Google search for their website. Buddy of mine did his owner builder pool late last year and had no problem going to them directly to Ger engineering plans done to submit to the city. Said he paid about a third of what a normal PB would mark up and charge. Their site says they have license in the state of Texas to do engineering plans. Good luck.

Very best of luck on your project! I had a pool facelift done beginning of the swim season (through a pool company) and I just want to suggest that you be sure that you have a lot of patience. The pool co I used builds and remodels a lot of pools and they still struggled a bit getting their regular contractors out to work. The sales guy was here when the decking guys were here and he mentioned that DFW is terribly short of good/qualified pool decking/cement folks. He said that they have enough work that they could keep at least 1 more and probably 2 more good companies busy but they can't find them.

Good luck with getting it all done! Texas is the perfect place for a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.