Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Building my own pool in DFW - Need sub-contractors

1. Back To Top    #1

Forney Tx

Building my own pool in DFW - Need sub-contractors

Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post as the member to whom you posed your question has been inactive on the forum for 3 years. It's best practice to start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on an old Thread as your question can get lost there. Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

Does anyone in the DFW area have experience in using a sub-contractor to draw your plans and about how much did they charge?
    Last edited by BoDarville; 07-20-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Edited for readability and context in the new thread.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Building my own pool in DFW - Need sub-contractors

Welcome to TFP!

I'm sorry no one responded to your question. Perhaps my bumping this up might get a response from someone in the DFW area.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sunny SoCal

Pool Engineering Anaheim CA does about 75% of the swimming pool structural engineering and design plans in the US. You can do a Google search for their website. Buddy of mine did his owner builder pool late last year and had no problem going to them directly to Ger engineering plans done to submit to the city. Said he paid about a third of what a normal PB would mark up and charge. Their site says they have license in the state of Texas to do engineering plans. Good luck.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

The Great State of Texas

Very best of luck on your project! I had a pool facelift done beginning of the swim season (through a pool company) and I just want to suggest that you be sure that you have a lot of patience. The pool co I used builds and remodels a lot of pools and they still struggled a bit getting their regular contractors out to work. The sales guy was here when the decking guys were here and he mentioned that DFW is terribly short of good/qualified pool decking/cement folks. He said that they have enough work that they could keep at least 1 more and probably 2 more good companies busy but they can't find them.

Good luck with getting it all done! Texas is the perfect place for a pool.
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

5. Back To Top    #5

Phoenix, AZ

I used Build Your Own Pool company here in Phoenix to design my pool, they just started to expand into Texas. Website is Good luck.
    32K gallon 24'x41' IG, 8'x10' spa, mini pebble,
    Pentair equipment [Intellitouch I9, IC-60 SWG, 520 sq Clean + Clear Plus cartridge filter, 3 VS pumps(1 FX, 2 intelliflo)], Dolphin M5 cleaner.
    2 rain shears, 2 water shears, 2 blubbers, 4 laminars, water slide, rock waterfall.