Feedback on my numbers?

Pool is crystal clear & i don't want to mess up a good thing

FC-3ppm
    Cc-.5
    PH-7.8
    TA--60
    CH-400
    CYA-45

If I read the Pool Math Calc right I need to add about 117ozís of Baking soda to raise my TA to 80?
    Am I reading it right?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Feedback on my numbers?

Yes, I get the same result when I input your details.

I couldn't help but point out that your FC is below the minimum for your CYA level, I would suggest you add bleach immediately.

3. Back To Top    #3

Feedback on my numbers?

I agree with ^^^^^. Your FC is low.
    I would be using 50 as my CYA level and then targeting 8 and never let it fall below 4. That way your covered. When the CYA level is like yours, in between, I like to round up.
    About your TA. How does your PH behave ? Is it pretty stable or does it rise ? 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

The CSI is good. If your pH is stable, I'd leave it alone. If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

PH stays between 7.2/5 and 7.8-
    I did throw is a couple of ‘Used up” A&H Fridge BS Boxes, 2 lbs, early last week which I guess was enough to push to the 7.8
    I’m with you Richard, I think I’ll let the PH alone for a while since I check it daily anyway

So with my CYA @ 45ish I should push my FC to 6 or 8?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

6. Back To Top    #6

Feedback on my numbers?

Like I said, I like to round up to the next level if the CYA test falls in between. That way your covered for keeping your FC in a good range so you don't have an algae bloom. If you go with CYA at 50, FC level is a target of 8 and never below 4. If you go then next level down at 40 it's 7 and never below 3. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.