Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Booster pump flexible pipe

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin Tejas

Booster pump flexible pipe

I have a hayward booster pump to supplement the normal pump for the polaris pool cleaner that runs an hour each night (probably overkill?). It has since started leaking and I had to bypass it to get it on the workbench. The current connection to the booster pump uses flexible polaris tube that have these goofy plastic snap lock that bind these connections like a constipated gorilla. I was able to get them off, but had to cut on end to do so. Question is - are these the best pipe/tubing option for these booster pumps since they allow for flexing under higher/peak pressure? Or will sched40 PVC be better? I do not look forward to using these dang connectors again, but it they are the best ones for the job then I will move forward with this option.
    16x34, ~20K gal, vinyl, 1 HP Super pump, SwimClear Cartridge filter, Aqua Rite SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

PA. USA

Re: Booster pump flexible pipe

I've used both and have found no difference in performace.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Virginia

Re: Booster pump flexible pipe

I'm interested also. I was playing with my return valve yesterday and put full pressure to my steps so the kids would be warmer with the heater going. Boom! The twist connector going to the polaris blew off and flooded my pad. I guess it was too much backpressure putting all the water into my steps.
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool