Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaving for a week. What do we do with pool?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Eastanollee GA

Leaving for a week. What do we do with pool?

In the process of getting my cloudy water issue resolved. But, we will be leaving for the beach on Friday for a week. What do I do with our pool to keep it clear while we're gone? I'd like to be able to get back in it as soon as we get back, not come home to 'issues'. We don't have anyone who could come over here and turn the pump on/off while we're gone. In the boonies, so no neighbor either, really.

I was afraid to just leave the pump running 24/7 til we got back. Wasn't sure if that was okay. We have a Saltwater system, so won't it need to be able to run?? Do we just cover it and leave the pump on the whole time?

Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Leaving for a week. What do we do with pool?

With a SWG, you should be able tio just leave it running as usual. There should be no need to run it all the time, but you can not leave it off for a week. Do you have a timer?

If you cover the pool and leave the SWG on, the FC will likely climb higher than normal.

What is the background? You said it is cloudy. See you following the SLAM process?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!