Using scale free products

My pool was replastered with colorscapes/plaster about 3 months ago. I have been following your BBB method to balance pool water with lots of success. Went to Leslies to bye liquid chlorine and they were trying to sell me Natural Chemistry Scale Free to keep calcium and scale from forming on my newly replastered pool. Do i need this expensive product for scale prevention?

These are my pool water readings:
FC= 5
PH= 7.4
TA=80
CH=330
CYA=60
Phosferates=400
Water temp.=85 degrees.

If my saturation index is within range why would i need scale free product to avoid any scaling problem?

Should i use scale free product as maintenance to keep scaling from happening?

No there isn't any reason to use scale free unless you have already been having problems with scaling (and even then it would be my third or fourth choice on how to deal with the problem).

Remember, pool stores like to sell you things, but that doesn't mean that you need them.

Unless you have very high CH levels, there really isn't any point in using something like that. And even with high CH that is not something I would actually recommend using. One of our basic principals is to not add things unless you really need them. Adding stuff "just in case" tends to produce many more negative side effects than problems avoided.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.