Have a pool install question

We bought a 24" round pool few weeks ago. Right now we are doing ground prep but have a question regarding the liner coping. I have helped install a AGP a few times before. It's been my experience that the liner goes over the pool wall then the plastic
V coping and then the metal rail over plastic V coping. Our pool come with round coping and round top rails. I see no way that the metal rail can fit over the coping. So question is what goes first, plastic coping, liner or metal rail?

Here are photo of coping & rail
u2y3u8ar.jpg

5a4y5ama.jpg

Hey Kevin! Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I've never used coping like that BUT, I have a question... What kind of liner are you installing? Overlap, beaded, jhook?

Oh and can you post a pic of the top plate that receives this coping? Thanks

Looks like you've been busy!

Welcome to TFP!

I'm not sure, but I think the plastic piece goes over the metal once you have your liner installed. The plastic looks to me to be able to expand over the metal to firmly clamp the liner in place.

I am sure that someone that knows more should be along to help.

Thanks for the welcome! it's an overlap liner.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!

The plastic looks to me to be able to expand over the metal to firmly clamp the liner in place.

It does, so it leads me to believe that the top metal rail goes on top of pool wall first then liner and then the plastic coping. The instructions on pool are universal doesn't mention round coping.

Okay... your liner goes over the wall first. The plastic goes over the liner to hold it in place and the metal strip holds the plastic coping strip and feeds into the top plate.

You'll probably have to use a lot of pressure to get it on. It should be snug.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.