Pool acid: Home Depot vs Do-It Center.

Jun 11, 2013
Sun Valley, California
I am in the process of adding Sodium Borate to my pool water and needed a lot of pool Acid. I got some at Home Depot and more at Do-It Center. While in the process of applying, I noticed an astounding difference between acid from Home Depot and Do-It Center. Upon closer examination of the bottles it turns out that Home Depot's acid is 14% strength and Do-It Center is 29% strength. Moreover, Home Depot is $1.50 more expensive! So I was getting halve the volume at a higher price! Just thought you might want to know.
One more tip. In my search for Borax I found two boxes at one Walmart and two boxes at another Walmart. I did not find it anywhere else. So I ordered bulk online from SoapGoods. With the cost of shipping, the price is about even but you don't have to run around.DSCF0546.jpgDSCF0545.jpg

Home depot usually sells the acid in 2 places. The paint department the weaker and more expensive stuff and the outdoor garden has the stronger and cheaper and comes 2 gallons in a box. In florida about $12 for 2 gallons of the good stuff.

In our HD it is the opposite. The pool section has the weak stuff ($9.99 for 2 gallons) and hardware section has the stronger stuff at $7.99/gallon. So now I get all my acid at Leslies which has a better price believe or not at $12.99 for 2 gallons.

In our HD it is the opposite. The pool center has the weak stuff and hardware has the stronger stuff at about the same cost per gallon. So now I get all my acid at Leslies which has a better price believe or not.
Same here. This is the one thing I buy at the pool store for the best deal I have found.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.