Interviewing PB's in North Dallas

Afluv

Jun 21, 2014
Frisco, Tx
It seems every PB that comes over has an opinion that contradicts the previous guys. I'm getting real confused on what I should be getting and what I shouldn't. I'd like to use this thread to get unbiased help on issues as they come up in the interviews.

Here goes:

1). Of the 6 builders only one has mentioned chemical soil injection requirement to give lifetime warranty on pool shell. Others have said it is non-proven marketing scheme. What say you all?

2). 1 PB says 1/2" rebar (#4) is needed otherwise pool will be weak. They say doing so allows for transferable lifetime warranty and they won't do 3/8" anyways. Is 3/8" good enough?

3). Is it better to have heat and bend plumbing or should I pay for factory made curved piping?

I'm sure more questions will come up but that's it for now. Thanks!

If i were you, I would set up a spreadsheet so you can compare all the features and specifications that each pool builder feeds you. If they will itemize pricing and addons, even better. That is what we finally had to do to sort out the facts and bs that was given to us by each pb. This will also help you go back and ask questions to other PB's that might have left out a feature you really wanted.

As far as structure is concerned, City and Engineer should really have the final say of what's needed to make sure your pool holds up.

As far as as the bending of PVC pipe. Their are proper very expensive heaters that are used to heat and bend PVC pipe correctly. If they are using a big torch to heat and bend the pipe, then they are not doing correctly. Either the pre-bent parts or properly bent pipe would be good to use for your pool build.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.