Suggestions on Pool-Side Storage?

stever

LifeTime Supporter
My wife and I are looking into a place to store all of the assorted pool goodies -- masks, tubes, water-weenies, foats, rafts, etc. (Seems the longer the pool build was delayed the more 'stuff' we accumulated :shock: ).

There are a number of Rubbermaid storage bins out there, but they have had bad reviews for falling apart, etc. We are lookinmg for maybe 30" deep, 36" high and 6'-0" long (or there-abouts).

Any experience/advice on ewhat works for you would ber appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

I have two RubberMaid storage units: one is a bench type seat, and the other is a deck box. The bench seat we have had for about 2-3 years with no problems. The deck box is about 6 months old. Again no problems. We use the bench to store pool "toys", and the deck box to store pool maintainance material. Both of these items were under $100 if I recall correctly. Both were purchased at Home Depot.

stever said:
Thanks!

I'll look into similar items. $1000 is a little pricy for me now, but it brings up a good idea. I'm trying to avoid a big polastic monster right there on the pool deck....

Steve

I hear you. The outdoor wicker seems to hold up really well...I've got a few other pieces that are taking the extremes here nicely. Here's something I just found out about (saved $100 off concert tickets I just bought on ebay) but it works with any online purchase you make through this search feature. Go here and sign up for an acct. (it's free) then go to live.com and search for what you want to purchase. You look for the cashback icon and it will give you 25% back.

https://cashbackaccount.search.live.com ... lcome.aspx

Yet something a little a different yet... I was looking for something other than plastic too. It seems that we have a lot of small stuff like testing kit, huggies, sunglasses, lotions, tools, towels, toys, openers, glasses, etc.

I found a chest-of-drawers (or dresser) on craigslist for $10 (and paid the girl $20.) Someone had already did a pretty good job of a decent paint job... I swabbed another coat of stain to help distress it a lil more, and protect my investment.

It looked so good that I spent another $10 on new knobs for it.

I think I get more compliments on my storage unit than I get on my pool.

One of the better $30 I've spent in a while.

Enjoy!!

We have the Big Max rubbermaid jr. Here http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/pr ... rod2927118

It holds 2 adult float chairs, 2 blow up loungers, 3 innertubes, lifejackets, goggles to numerous to count, snorkles, masks, flippers, toys..toys...toys..., hats, sunscreen, bug spray, basketball and hoop, etc... and works just great for a family of 5 and 9 plus nieces and nephews all for the reasonable cost of......~$300!! Got a bid from a contractor to build a similar unit....~$10,000....NOT KIDDING. Very happy with the rubbermaid!!!

We use non-pool side storage.

We use a few large cheap laundry baskets that we store on shelves in the garage. Keeps everything out of the way, and you can roughly categorize the stuff around the age level/type of swimming, preventing you from having to sort through a large pile.

Regardless of what you get, I recommend drilling a few small holes in the bottom of whatever it is to let the water drain out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's what I store my pool stuff in... It's 8ft. wide and 10ft. long.
Shed001.jpg

It wasn't hard to build, only took one weekend and it looks nice for being plastic. It survived the winter and 2 ft. of snow sitting on the roof(which has steel beams across it).

It also holds all 5 of my mowers, my 4 snowblowers, 2 edgers, a riding mower and other OPE(outdoor power equipment)(that I fix and sell). The pool vac and hose hang on the wall, and the chlorine sits on a shelf. All of the other pool toys just get thrown in and lay on top of the OPE.

Adam

The former owner of my house had a small children's log cabin near the garage. I am glad that I didn't remove it -- it's worked great for pool stuff storage (just have to duck when going in there). I have the vac hose hanging on a plastic hose reel, and put shelves in for miscellaneous stuff. I also have 2 milk-crates for smaller stuff. Pool toys / floats are lined up across the inside back wall. Noodles are hung on 2 metal ladder hooks.

Towels and pool test kits are kept in my back sunroom on a baker's rack.

Sue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.