Inground plumbing repair

Our 32 x 13 inground gunite kidney pool was probably built in 1977. Now we have water splashing out the backside of the berm behind our pool whenever we use our robot vacuum. Pretty good guess there is a discontinuity in the plumbing somewhere near that point. We have been warned about possible overcharging and other problems with the local pool plumbing repair companies. Is it reasonable to think that I could get a diamond circular saw blade and cut a 3' x 3' wall section out around the fitting and reach behind the wall and repair the problem? Associated with this is how to replace the sawn section? Is it likely that all the plumbing is aged out and should be replaced? There is another suspicious place behind an inlet where the bushes behind the pool are dying, possibly because of chlorine poisoning. If all plumbing should be replaced how is this done? The deck/apron is Sundeck.

About 10 years ago the skimmer box on our pool developed a leak in the bottom. There is a five foot wide concrete apron around the box. Not wishing to cut the concrete out to get the skimmer box free, I tunneled into it. I dug a 4 foot square hole at the edge of the concrete apron and went down 4 feet. I then tunneled in under the concrete all the way to the skimmer and the lower suction port fittings. The stainless steel hose clamps on the skimmer had corroded and were leaking. Replaced the clamps and put the sand fill and dirt fill back in place, firmly tamping things as I went. I ended up putting all of the dirt I took out back and replaced the sod I took out too. Yes, probably more work, but everything around the pool stayed like it was when new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.