My wife and I bought a house that included an 8500 gallon above ground pool.
We have tried for the last month to get it ready for swimming, but despite repeated trips to the pool store, are still stuck.
We have added 8lbs of shock, and 4 gallons of liquid shock. Our last testing came out:
The water has gone from pond green to a very cloudy bluish green color. Visibility is about 1 ft, even though we have had the sand filter going for 2 weeks now. Also, despite all of the shock we have added, the chlorine level has barely risen.
The pool store has advised us to put chlorine tablets in a floater in the pool, but I am not sure this will help clear it up.
I was hoping I could find some good advice here. Should we keep adding chlorine to get the level high enough, or should we use liquid floc to try and precipitate the cloudiness?
If it matters, we dont believe the pool has been used in the last 2-3 years.
Thank you for any advice!