Minimax NT won't start

Jun 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Problem started with short cycling which I never figured out now it won't start at all. Went a day without firing next day it ran all day trying to get the temperature back up, then yesterday wouldn't fire again.

It will try several times then show an E04 code, if I leave the breaker on it will continue to try even with the error code.

It buzzes when it should start. The fan spins freely so I don't think it's the blower.

Anything I can check on my own or do I need a service tech?

If the fan spins freely but won't start, its the run/start capacitor on the motor. I would also pull out the motor and verify that the squirrel cage is still intact. Short cycling is sometimes bad limits.

You can replace just the capacitor. Remove the top and you will see the blower motor. You do want to remove the blower to check the condition of the squirrel cage. If the cage is shot, then you need to replace the entire motor which comes with a capacitor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.