Skin is dry and I smell of chlorine....hmmmm

Needsdecaf

Jun 28, 2014
The Woodlands, TX
So, I'm still dialing in my SWG settings. We had a marked shift in weather recently and the sun has gone quite away. The last few days, my FC has been right around, or just over, 10ppm. It was running high 6's, low 7's last weekend. I've been dialing back the SWG, but between the lack of sun and not swimming due to the weather, I gather that not much chlorine is getting consumed during the day. Here's my test results from earlier this evening:

FC - 9.07
TC - 9.07
CC - 0
pH - 7.9
TA - 86
CH - 303
CYA - 48
Salt - 3300

Earlier in the week my TA was at 120, dropped it down by lowering by pH to 7.2. It, and pH have drifted back up over the last 48 hours. My plaster / Wet Edge is still only about 45 days old.

Swimming, my skin feels dried out, and I smell a bit like chlorine. Any suggestions for a better water experience? I've turned the SWG completely off to try to get it down to about 5. Could that be it?

Well, your FC is a bit high for your CYA. I also see that your CYA is not high enough for your SWG. You should raise it to about 70ppm and run a target FC of 5ppm. You can check out the FC/CYA chart here for SWG.

CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.